20.12.11

Peacekeeper?

Red and Blue I fear you.
Flashing, slashing, bashing what was me. Endangering what will be.

I careen away from being, seeing, hearing.
And you're still there.

Flashing.                                         Flashing.                                          Flashing.

It's time for me to screech with your sirens.
Let me escape.
But I can't run...

Flash.

He has me pressed against the cool refrigerator door.
His hand on the safety of his hip.
Knife tilted precariously on the counter.
Badge proud on his breast.
Words bubble nonsensically across the surface of my jolted lips...
                                                       to break with the pills scattered across the floor.

I'm at a stoplight, present.
Blinding my eyes with my hands, hoping to pass you and your flashing.

Blue and Red I wish you were dead: merely a twinkle in the far-off sky.
But here I hit the pavement...

Today you are free of pretentions and accusations.
And I have seized the day that the men in blue pretended to care.


Tschüss,
Marta Frieda Hart

No comments:

Post a Comment