24.6.13

Stars


As a child
I would marvel at the glorious beauty of mystery
Undisturbed by the utter expansive nature of it
Fortunate, and ignorant
My mom and I drove through them all night
Listening to quiet music and accepting fate
Together growing older

As a teenager
I would succumb to fears of insignificance
Struck to the core I became consumed
I was terrified to die and lose me.
They took my father away
To who knows where if at all
A man who could not live with existing
Memories do not live as we did.

I am a young woman now
I am relieved by my insignificance
And as I grasp his warm palm,
We let the darkness wash over us
I do not know why, but I am glad it is
Even if I am taken nowhere
If I am nothing and no one
I am still here now and so is he
And so are they.

Best,

Anna Belle Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment