21.8.13

Recollection

I remember
The peals of sweet laughter
 The playful gleaming of eyes locked in intellectual combat
When the steadfast doors towards pulsing vitality opened without a key 
 
I remember
The soft white ceramic canvas of your neck
The wisps I would tenderly brush off your cheek
When your bashful eyes flicked upwards as I held you near 
 
I remember
 The slapping of our wrists as the frenzy of licking every bowl and spoon consumed us
The intrigue of danger that left our lips curling in awe
When we gazed into the oven as if we were within the blazes waiting for the timer to tick
 
I remember
The timely hours where there was no such thing as longevity
The world ahead of us pounding upon the earth under our soles
When we were entrapped in imagination's impervious vice of life simply for life
 
I remember
How you keeled over in humorous delight as I fell with you
The stale smoke of bitter perfume rising from our chests
The time when there was a we and no me
 
I remember...             
You.




 Tschüss...              
Marta Frieda Hart




No comments:

Post a Comment