17.9.13

Let Me


I am nothing but petty pity and woeful sorrow
A discombobulated woman, annihilated in entirety
A shadow in the valley of death, revoked of my basic right to die
One which lives in entire effort and yet still in vain
Cycling through the perpetual state of ambiguity in joy
Contaminated, eliminated by

The chemical composition of existence
Collapses into a faulty spiral of distance.
Nature was not so kind to grant me the proper mechanisms
In every moment, there is my flout uttered by silent shouts
That which creates the doubt in the meager century
If I live to feel alive, but if I know I am meant to die…

Who is to deny to let me?

Previous expressions were simply exceptions
To the thin nature of reality and existence
To say I should shoot for the moon 
Miss, and land among the stars
Is so cliché it can't even begin to sway me
The closest star to earth is 93 million miles away. 

Hope cannot be simply placed in faith
For when death strikes with his wraith
We are all the same fragile matter
We are together in how alone we feel
Prone to the same fear and sorrow
In which we hide behind a mask of lies

So who is to deny to let me die? 

Best,
Anna Belle Lee 

No comments:

Post a Comment