12.6.11

The Light is Noir

The light is noir.
I feel the air escape your lungs.
I feel a steady beat humming your chest.
We’re both staring at the ceiling.
Silence.
The room is burning cold
A slick serenader would seduce you
Suck away the air from your lips
Fast like a dying breath.
But I
Lay only with you
Holding your hand
Like a small treasure
And allow silence to ensue.
Breath.
I can’t see your face
But I feel it in your breath
I curl into you
Embracing your air
 A phrase
The movement of these arms
Turn myself over and I look
Away, help me look away
The darkness hides
Intentions
The air tastes cool
I’m sucking at the mixed spit
Swallowed in my mouth
It tastes foreign
Tears
They venture down me
I hold in my breath
Do not see me in my breath
I am not me
The light is noir
And I am not me.

Best,
Anna Belle Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment