12.10.11

Chivalry

People shouldn't have to fight just to exist: to see, to breathe, to live. Here I am suspended in my world of chaos with much left to conquer. I thought this struggle to control sinew, muscle, and bones was the exclusive source of my qualms until I realized that I’m often frustrated by trivialities. What irks me most is hearing the story of The Knight in Shining Armour, galloping about on his way to rescue me.

I do not need to be rescued. I am strong. I've fought many a battle and I've slain my fair share of dragons. I am not shallow; my wounds are deep. There is a javelin thrust in my back, a sword through my stomach, arrows have grazed my throbbing skull.  I'm in danger of bleeding out.

But they expect me to sit here daintily waiting for him to free me.
That will not happen.  
I don't need a knight in bloody armour. I want a damsel in distress.


Tschüss,
Marta Frieda Hart

No comments:

Post a Comment