5.3.11

Mourning

It was mourning
The sky was dark
The stars were still shining
And a single orange cloud

Your hand in mine
As the sirens blared
In light darkness
And wandering the trail

Our eyes made up shapes
Of monsters creeping
As we walked through dust
Our love was shifting

The moon lit our steps
Smoke was heavy in the air
It smelt of baking flesh
I pretended it wasn't there

It was mourning
As hot hued rabbits teased
You spoke words of passion
And my heart just seized

We approached red light
I was drenched in sweat
We came upon deaths hood
My eyes grew wet

As my breath grew shallow
I felt your hand let go
You wandered to the shadows
To where the fire couldn't roam

The fire ate me
But my chest was freezing cold
The chill of defeat
Rumbled deep in my soul

The city is on fire
Because of you, I am burning
You left me in the heat
With my heart still yearning

Best,
Anna Belle Lee

5 comments:

  1. Anna, you are a muse to my ears. Grow wings, and use them to soar above the winds that bring trouble. Glide above the clouds of society that scorn, and find yourself in the stars.

    Quoth the raven :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miss Anna Belle Lee,

    Coming across your blog was peaceful and rejuvenating because it stirred up all the feelings inside me, but for once in a way that was somewhat enjoyable/not-too-painful.I am truly greatful for all of your thoughts here because they made me finally find the importance behind the frenzy of doctor's appointments, schoolwork, and sick-spells that has become my life. This week,I just got my first actual diagnosis for the illness that i've struggled with for over four years. Reading this made that so much easier to grasp, and now i'm ready to move forward. Maybe we can move forward together. Good luck!

    Not trying to steal an idea from the previous person to comment, but...

    thanks from a certain panda bear

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm really glad that you guys enjoy it. I wrote this to express myself, but it means the world to me that my voice reaches other people and helps a little. It helps me too. I am really happy for you Panda Bear, next time we talk I'd love to hear about what your diagnosis is. I think moving forward will be easier together, I'm here for you. :)
    Raven, thank you. Very poetically said. I am honestly curious about who you are, because I can't seem to guess.
    Curiosity killed the cat but satisfaction brought him back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your curiosity fills me with glee, Ms. Anna Bell Lee,
    But alas, I should not share my identity.

    For if I should squawk,
    I would reap what I wrought.
    You, write for you, as any muse ought.

    Our paths crossed slightly,
    The knowledge would not come lightly,
    And would seem to some as, unsightly.

    Quoth the Raven "evermore"
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Still, Months later
    I am able to say
    That I am to this day
    Curious of who you are
    As the anaphora goes,
    curiosity killed the cat
    BUT satisfaction brought her back
    The enigma of the raven
    Referring to sir Poe
    Perhaps the mystery
    Should stay intact
    And I will continue to act
    To satisfy my own writing need
    And hope you will read.

    ReplyDelete