29.3.11

No Drama in Heaven

When I die
I will surely go to heaven
Whether it be at ninety
Or just at twenty-seven

And when I go to heaven
God will open the doors with a smile
He’ll tell me
That he has been waiting awhile.

Heaven will be perfect
A place of holy bliss
Earth will become the place
That I will hardly miss

It will be perfect
Utopia for eternity
It will be holy
A sacred fraternity

I will see all those who have died
Before my time
Who will smile to me
As they drink their tequila with lime

But what happens 
After the first millennia or two?
Won’t I eventually 
Run out of things to do?

Will God create new hobbies?
Will I do something worth more?
Will I care what life is like,
What humanity is for?

How will we know
Perfection without pain?
If eternity is perfect
Then I will surely go insane

Because if there is no difference
There is no emotion
Utopia is hell
As hell is devotion

And when I die,
God don’t forgive me
Because God, I believe
That heaven is not free.


Best,
Anna Belle Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment